Indulge in a delightful and wholesome breakfast with our Baked Oatmeal Recipe featuring the vibrant tartness of cranberries. This comforting dish combines the goodness of hearty oats with the burst of cranberry flavor, creating a perfect harmony of textures and tastes. Whether you’re looking for a cozy weekend breakfast or a nutritious weekday start, this Baked Oatmeal with Cranberry is a delicious way to kickstart your day with warmth and nourishment.
- 100 grams of oatmeal
- 40 grams of dried fruit (I had cranberries)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 0.5 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 250 milliliters of milk
- 1 ripe banana
- Preheat the Oven: Begin by preheating your oven to 200 degrees Celsius (392 degrees Fahrenheit). This ensures that it’s nice and hot when you’re ready to bake.
- Prepare the Oatmeal Mixture: In a large mixing bowl, combine the rolled oats, ground cinnamon, and baking powder. Stir them together until well mixed. This mixture will give your baked oatmeal a delightful, warm spiciness and help it rise beautifully in the oven.
- Prepare the Wet Ingredients: In another bowl, using a blender or whisk, beat together the milk, egg, and honey until the mixture is smooth and well incorporated. The honey adds a natural sweetness that complements the tartness of the cranberries.
- Grease the Baking Dish: Take a baking dish or casserole dish and generously grease the bottom and sides with butter. This will prevent sticking and add a rich, buttery flavour to the oatmeal.
- Layering the Ingredients: Start by arranging the sliced banana in an even layer at the bottom of the greased baking dish. Next, sprinkle the dried cranberries (or your choice of dried fruits) over the banana slices. This adds bursts of fruity sweetness throughout the dish.
- Assemble the Oatmeal: Now, spread the oatmeal mixture evenly over the fruit layer. This will form the hearty base of your baked oatmeal.
- Pour the Milk Mixture: Carefully pour the milk, egg, and honey mixture over the oatmeal layer, ensuring it’s evenly distributed. As it bakes, this mixture will soak into the oats, creating a creamy and custard-like texture.
- Final Touch with Dried Fruits: Sprinkle a handful of dried cranberries (or your chosen dried fruits) on top of the milk mixture for an extra burst of flavor and a visually appealing finish.
- Baking Time: Place the prepared dish in the preheated oven and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the top turns a beautiful golden brown. The aroma filling your kitchen will be irresistible!
- Serve and Enjoy!: Once baked to perfection, remove the cranberry baked oatmeal from the oven, let it cool slightly, and then slice it into servings. Serve it warm, and enjoy a comforting, nutritious breakfast that’s both delicious and satisfying.Bon Appétit!
If you need a piece of extra information on why the oatmeal is useful please check :
- Heart Health: Oatmeal is rich in soluble fiber, which helps lower bad cholesterol levels and supports heart health. Cranberries, packed with antioxidants, also contribute to cardiovascular well-being.
- Digestive Health: Oatmeal is gentle on the digestive system and promotes regular bowel movements due to its fiber content. Cranberries offer additional fiber and promote a healthy gut.
- Energy Boost: Oats provide a steady release of energy throughout the day, making them an ideal breakfast choice. Cranberries add natural sugars for a tasty energy boost.
- Weight Management: Oatmeal’s fiber content keeps you feeling full longer, reducing the likelihood of overeating. Cranberries, being low in calories, can be a guilt-free addition to your diet.
By incorporating oatmeal and cranberries into your diet, you can enjoy a range of health benefits while savoring a tasty and nutritious meal.