Indulge in the comforting embrace of a warm and velvety Cream of Zucchini Soup. This simple yet exquisite dish combines the earthy flavors of zucchini and potatoes with the aromatic richness of sautéed onions and garlic. As you take your first spoonful, you’ll be greeted by a harmonious blend of textures and tastes, all beautifully brought together in a creamy, soul-soothing bowl of goodness. Whether it’s a crisp autumn evening or a chilly winter night, this soup is a heartwarming choice that promises to please both your palate and your senses. Elevate your dining experience with this easy-to-follow recipe and savor the delightful aroma and taste of homemade comfort food.
- 2 zucchinis, washed and peeled (optional), cut into cubes
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil (or olive oil for added flavor)
- 2.5 liters of water or vegetable broth for richer taste
- Croutons and a dollop of cream for garnish
1. Prepare the Ingredients: Start by peeling the potatoes (if desired), then cut them into small, evenly sized cubes. Peel the zucchinis if you prefer a smoother texture, but it’s optional. Cut the zucchinis into cubes, finely chop the onion, and mince the garlic.
2. Boil the Potatoes: Place the diced potatoes in a large pot and cover them with the 2.5 liters of water or vegetable broth. Add a pinch of salt to the water. Bring it to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium and simmer until the potatoes are fork-tender. This should take approximately 15-20 minutes.
3. Sauté the Aromatics: While the potatoes are cooking, heat the sunflower oil (or olive oil) in a separate pan over medium heat. Add the finely chopped onions and sauté them until they become translucent, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in the minced garlic and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
4. Cook the Zucchini: Add the cubed zucchini to the pan with the sautéed onions and garlic. Cover the pan with a lid and cook for about 8-10 minutes or until the zucchini becomes soft and slightly caramelized. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
5, Combine the Ingredients: Once the potatoes are cooked, remove them from the heat and carefully transfer the zucchini, onion, and garlic mixture into the pot with the cooked potatoes.
6. Season and Blend: Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste. Use an immersion blender to puree the soup until it’s smooth and creamy. Alternatively, transfer the soup in batches to a countertop blender, but be cautious with hot liquids. Blend until silky-smooth.
7. Adjust Consistency: If the soup is too thick, you can add more water or vegetable broth to reach your desired consistency. Reheat gently if needed.
8. Serve and Garnish: Ladle the Cream of Zucchini Soup into bowls. Top each serving with croutons for a delightful crunch and a drizzle of cream for added richness. Freshly chopped herbs like parsley or chives can also be used for garnish.
Enjoy Your Meal! Serve the soup hot and savor the creamy, flavorful goodness.
This Cream of Zucchini Soup is a delicious and comforting dish that’s perfect for any season. It’s a great way to enjoy the rich flavors of zucchini and potatoes, and the addition of croutons and cream adds a delightful touch of elegance to your meal. Bon appétit! 🍲🥄😊
If you like cream soup like that, please feel free to check other recipes.