- 400 grams of cauliflower
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of chopped dill
- 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- Vegetable oil for frying
1. Begin by preparing the cauliflower:
- Wash the cauliflower thoroughly.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets, discarding the tough stems and leaves.
2. Boil the cauliflower:
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil.
- Add 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of sugar to the boiling water.
- Add the cauliflower florets and boil for about 10-15 minutes or until they become tender but still firm. You can check by poking them with a fork.
3. Prepare the egg and flour coating:
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the egg whites until slightly frothy.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper, 1 teaspoon of salt, and the chopped dill to the egg whites and mix well.
- Gradually add the all-purpose flour while continuously whisking to create a smooth batter. The batter should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
4. Fry the cauliflower:
- Drain the boiled cauliflower florets and allow them to cool down completely on a paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- In a frying pan, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
- Dip each cauliflower floret into the egg and flour batter, ensuring it’s well-coated.
- Carefully place the coated cauliflower into the hot oil and fry until they are golden brown and crispy, usually for about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the fried cauliflower and place them on a paper towel to drain any excess oil.
- Once all the cauliflower is fried, transfer them to a serving plate.
- Garnish with fresh dill or additional black pepper, if desired.
- Serve your crispy cauliflower as a tasty appetizer or side dish. They can be served with a dipping sauce like a garlic aioli or sweet chili sauce.
Enjoy your homemade cauliflower in egg and flour coating!