Indulge in a delightful homemade treat that’s not only delicious but also guilt-free! This creamy banana ice cream is incredibly easy to make and requires just two simple ingredients.
- 4 ripe bananas, peeled, sliced, and frozen
- 100 milliliters (approximately 1/2 cup) of heavy cream or a dairy-free alternative for a lighter option
- Banana Preparation: Start by selecting ripe bananas. The riper, the better, as they will provide natural sweetness to your ice cream. Peel the bananas and slice them into coins. Place the banana slices on a tray or plate and freeze them for a minimum of 2 hours, or until they are completely frozen. This step ensures a creamy ice cream texture.
- Blending: Once the banana slices are frozen, transfer them to a high-speed blender or food processor. If your blender struggles with frozen items, you can let the banana slices sit at room temperature for a few minutes to soften slightly.
- Adding Cream: Pour in the 100 milliliters of heavy cream (or your preferred dairy-free alternative) into the blender with the frozen banana slices. This creaminess will enhance the texture and flavor of your ice cream.
- Blend Until Smooth: Blend the mixture on high until it becomes smooth and creamy. You may need to stop and scrape down the sides of the blender to ensure all the banana chunks are incorporated. It should resemble the texture of soft-serve ice cream.
- Optional Additions: If you want to customize your ice cream, this is the perfect time to add extras like chocolate chips, chopped nuts, or a drizzle of honey for added flavor and texture.
- Serve Immediately: For the creamiest consistency, serve your banana ice cream immediately as soft-serve. You can also transfer it to an airtight container and freeze it for a firmer texture if desired. Just be sure to allow it to soften for a few minutes before scooping.
Enjoy this delightful, two-ingredient banana ice cream that’s not only refreshing but also a healthier alternative to traditional ice cream. It’s a perfect way to satisfy your sweet cravings while enjoying the natural goodness of ripe bananas.