Lasagna, a comforting Italian classic, becomes a culinary masterpiece when combined with creamy ricotta cheese and vibrant spinach. This delightful recipe, shared by the talented MomOfSmoothie, promises to tantalize your taste buds with layers of flavor and a golden-brown crust that’s as inviting as it is delicious.
- 9 sheets of lasagna
- 250 grams of fresh spinach
- 250 grams of velvety ricotta cheese
- 300 milliliters of milk
- 30 grams of butter
- 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 50 grams of Parmesan cheese (for that irresistible cheesy goodness)
- A pinch of nutmeg for a subtle, aromatic touch
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Prepare the Spinach: Begin by cutting the fresh spinach into tantalizing strips. In a pot, gently simmer the spinach for approximately 5 minutes until it’s tender and vibrant green. Drain any excess water and set aside.
- Create the Creamy Bechamel Sauce: In a skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Once melted, add the all-purpose flour and lightly fry it for about 1 minute, allowing it to combine with the butter. Gradually pour in the milk in a thin stream, all while whisking vigorously. Season this luscious mixture with a pinch of nutmeg, salt, and freshly ground pepper. Continue whisking until the sauce thickens into a velvety, creamy consistency.
- Prepare the Ricotta-Spinach Mixture: Combine the simmered spinach with the ricotta cheese in a mixing bowl. Add a touch of salt to enhance the flavors. This delectable mixture will form one of the heartiest layers in your lasagna.
- Cook the Lasagna Sheets: Boil the lasagna sheets according to the instructions provided on the packaging. Ensure they are perfectly al dente, as they will continue cooking in the oven.
- Assemble the Lasagna: Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius (390 degrees Fahrenheit). Grease a baking sheet with butter to prevent sticking. Begin the layering process by placing a layer of lasagna sheets at the bottom. Then, generously spread a portion of the creamy bechamel sauce over the sheets, followed by a layer of the ricotta-spinach mixture. Repeat this layering sequence until all your lasagna sheets, sauce, and filling are used up. Finish the creation with a final layer of lasagna sheets, and don’t forget to sprinkle the top with Parmesan cheese for that delightful cheesy crust.
- Bake to Perfection: Slide your assembled lasagna into the preheated oven and bake it for approximately 30 minutes, or until a tantalizing golden-brown crust forms on top. This visual cue signals that your lasagna is ready to be devoured.
Dinner is Served
Your homemade Ricotta and Spinach Lasagna is now ready to steal the spotlight at the dinner table. With its creamy layers, harmonious flavors, and that irresistible golden crust, it’s an invitation to indulge in a truly comforting Italian delicacy. Bon Appétit!
If you like spinach please check these recipes: